Protection for tomorrow
If you’re buying or selling property, you may be getting more than you bargained for when the transaction is complete… what if you discover months or years later that the land you bought or sold is contaminated?
Many businesses are exposed to pollution liability. They range from sellers and purchasers of real estate to contractors exposed to a pollution incident in the course of performing their duties. Even a small family owned business with an oil tank on their premises used for heating purposes may be legally responsible for clean-up contaminants, even years later.
Governments at both federal and provincial levels are constantly amending laws and regulations, sometimes with no consensus between them. Pollution liability protects you from:
- Clean-up costs
- Bodily injury and property damage suits arising from unknown contamination
- Legal costs in defending against pollution-related claims
Stevenson & Hunt can help protect you from loss and guard the value of your property from risks due to pollution or environmental damage. We can help you by:
- Removing uncertainty about who is responsible for clean-up
- Speeding real estate transactions by removing concern over liability
- Meeting due diligence requirements for purchase and sale agreements
* The information provided is for information purposes only. In case of inconsistency between this information and the policy, the policy terms, conditions and limitations will govern.