Health & Dental Plans
Health Care Plans - a critical part of compensation
Your employees see these rising costs and view employee health benefits as a critically important part of their compensation. Stevenson & Hunt will help you to design a Health Care Benefits Plan for your organization that augments public plans and delivers a tax-efficient way for you to reward your people.
The Health Care Plan can include a combination of the following features:
- Prescription drugs: medication prescribed by a doctor
- Paramedical services: chiropractors, naturopaths, podiatrists
- Hospital care: semi-private or private hospital room
- Medical services and equipment: private duty nursing, ambulances, hearing aids.
- Out-of-province emergency travel assistance
- Vision care: eyeglasses and contact lenses
There are several ways to structure your plan to include cost-sharing with employees:
- Employee coinsurance: employee pays a portion of the charge, often around 20%, and the plan pays the rest.
- Annual deductible: employees pay the first $25-$100 of their health expenses in a calendar year, and the plan covers everything after that.
- Premium sharing: employees and the company share the cost of the premiums.
Dental Care Plans - benefits that keep parents smiling
Your employees with children will be keenly interested in dental benefits in order to meet the high cost of fillings, orthodontics and dental surgery. Stevenson & Hunt can analyze your needs and provide dental benefits that work to reduce your tax profile as well as cover your employees’ risk.
Common dental care options include:
- Basic coverage: cleanings, exams, x-rays, fillings, root canal therapy, gum treatment, removal of teeth, and denture maintenance
- Major coverage: crowns, denture, bridges
- Orthodontic coverage: braces and retainers
Stevenson & Hunt can also recommend and implement creative solutions such as Health Care Savings Accounts. Discover professional benefits consulting by people with the resources and expertise to serve you well. Call Stevenson & Hunt today.